Business PCs powered by the 2nd generation Intel® Core™ vPro™ processor family take intelligent client computing to the next level—maximizing hardware-assisted security, simplifying PC management, and providing more responsive, adaptive performance.¹
Hardware-assisted security features bolster PC security.
- Data encryption can run up to four-times faster due to Intel® AES New Instructions (Intel® AES-NI).², ³
- Optional Intel® Anti-Theft Technology (Intel® AT) enforces data encryption software authentication when PCs are brought out of sleep state, closing a known security gap.‡
- IT can unlock encrypted drives that require pre-boot authentication and manage data security settings, even when PCs are off.Δ
Remote management capabilities make PC management easier, more efficient, and more cost-effective.
- Pre-OS KVM (keyboard, video mouse) without the added cost of a dedicated appliance
- Higher resolution: 1920 x 1200 lets you see what your user is seeing
Faster, more energy-efficient processors with built-in graphics capabilities offer smart performance.
- Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 accelerates performance to match user workloads.◊
- Up to two-times faster multi-tasking performance comparing a 2nd generation Intel® Core™ i5 processor-based laptop versus a three-year-old Intel® Core™2 Duo processor-based laptop.Ψ
- Stunning visual performance without the added cost and power requirements of dedicated graphics cards.φ
Second generation Intel® Core™ vPro™ processors also offer new, host-based provisioning capabilities for easier activation and firmware version management.